Are you thinking of buying a new watch? There are tons of women’s and men’s watches in Malaysia you can choose from, and would be an amazing addition to your collection.
What you need to know now is that what comes with your growing collection is also growing care. It’s true that when it comes to maintenance, men’s accessories are often overlooked. Make sure to clean every watch in your collection regularly, before they get ruined.
Watch Care 101
Each time you wear your timepiece, the band is exposed to sunscreen and sweat. This is the reason why you need to clean your watch for a few minutes before sleeping. Using a clean, soft cloth, wipe the inside part of the watch band. Then, wipe the case back gently. This would eliminate excess moisture and oil.
Even if you are not regularly engaging in tedious, dirty activities, you are still getting gunk on your timepiece, rings or bracelets. If you have watches with stainless bands, you need to be extra careful, since sweat can rust this type of material. It’s best to do basic watch maintenance from time regularly.
Do you know that you can use dish soap to clean men’s jewelry? Dish soap is a go-to cleaner for many collectors. It is suitable even for Apple Watch bands.
Here is the entire process:
1. Set up a bowl of soapy, warm water and clean, warm water, with a little amount of anti- bacterial soap.
2. Gently drip your watch strap or bracelet into that soapy water for around 15 to 20 seconds. Hold the timepiece case to protect it from the water.
3. After you take it out, scrub it gently with a damp, clean toothbrush.
4. Rinse it by dipping it into the warm, clean water.
5. Use a soft cloth to pat it dry. You can also use a quality hair dryer on a no-heat or low- heat setting in order to dry the watch.
No matter how much we remind people, there will always be watch owners who don’t have the time to clean their own watches at home. If you don’t have the time, or if you are experiencing some watch issues, don’t hesitate to consult a professional. Big brands like Rolex, Swiss Army and Tag Heuer have official service centers you can visit. Reputable retail shops also offer reliable watch cleaning services, leaving your timepiece shiny and clean.